Thursday, April 4, 2013

Minty Lamb Kebabs With A Touch Of Spice

I am finally back from my holidays and wanted to share this Minty Lamb Kebabs that I recently made which went down a treat! Mint and lamb as we know go really well together but adding a bit of spice to the mixture really make it a tad more special I think. We do enjoy a good spicy meal ( :

This dish took me literally 5 minutes to marinade, so try and prep this in the morning when you wake up. I only cooked it for dinner so the lamb had a good 10 hours or so to marinade and soak up all the minty goodness! You can either cook it in a BBQ or throw it in a pan like I did on medium fire and cook to your taste.


All you need is:
500g cubed lamb shoulder
3 Tablespoons of yogurt
Handful of chopped mint
1 Teaspoon of minced garlic
1 Teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
Skewers - soaked in water
Peppers
Cherry tomatoes


1) Beat the lamb cubes a little to tenderize it. Add salt and pepper.
2) To the lamb, add yogurt,mint,garlic,chili powder, cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Stir well and leave aside for couple of hours.
3) Skewer it up with the peppers and tomatoes and grill.

Serve this with mint yogurt sauce! I promise you will enjoy this ( ;

 hhhmmmmm ( :

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I nominate your blog for the Liebster Award! :) Check out my post for more details!

    http://cookingwithblueberry.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete